For this, my second week of tips to make the most of any room, I’m concentrating on how you can make a room look cosier:
- Introduce warm, natural colours to floors, curtains and walls e.g.: lilac/blue, teal/grey, taupe/rust, cream/sand etc.
- Use matt finishes on walls as they will absorb and subdue the light.
- Change light bulbs from bright whites to soft, low-wattage bulbs.
- Concentrate on lighting the room at lower levels - use table lamps and/or standard lamps that project downwards rather than relying on pendants.
- Mix and match lots of different luxurious looking textures in complementary colours e.g.: tartan, wool throws, wood storage/side tables, velvet/tweed full height curtains, faux fur cushions, wood or laminate floors with shaggy rugs.
Sarah is one of our Social Media Editors and carries an HND in Spatial Design.